Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Marketing

Do you know what marketing is? Apparently, I don't. Last night I got the run down from Slezak. He started with me describing Chon Som and why it's unique. After 1.5 hour of grilling me, we came up with a unique selling point (USP). From there, everything flows together such as activities, the atmosphere, the service, the character of the restaurant, the promotion, etc.

I didn't realize that marketing has such a big role in the overall place. It covers everything from presentation of the food, menu layout, look/feel of the dining area and the bathrooms, business cards, art, colors, website, etc. He will be meeting with us every 2 - 3 days for at least 1 hour to make sure we're focused and insync. I am impressed!

Parting quote "How many times do you get to make a first impression?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home